A wide range of wires manufactured by Tata Steel’s Wire Division cater to the needs of the various industry segments such as automobile, infrastructure, power and general engineering.
Tata Steel Global Wires Business is a major player in the wire industry servicing the discerning needs of its customers across global markets. Since its inception in 1958 as Special Steels, to the establishment of the Company as a subsidiary of Tata Steel, to the formation of the Tata Steel Global Wires (TSGW) Business - the journey of Tata Steel Wire Division has been replete with innovations, recognitions and break-through achievements.
TSGW is a leading producer of steel wires, with a 30% market share of the organized wire market in India. A wealth of experience and expertise in the wire industry coupled with latest technology incorporations has enabled TSGW to meet the most exacting specifications and requirements of customers time and again. It manufactures a wide range of wires catering to the needs of various industry segments such as automobile, infrastructure, power and general engineering. The products are well established across the markets of Europe, USA, Middle East Asia, Australasia, South Asia and Asia - Far East.
In India, TSGW has a world class manufacturing facility at Tarapur (Mumbai, Maharashtra), Pithampur (Indore, Madhya Pradesh) and at The Indian Steel & Wire Products in Jamshedpur.
The product range includes:
- Own steel making and wire rod rolling to meet specific chemistry and quality requirements
- State of art , fully automated pickling plant equipped with German technology
- Selection of wire rods of specific chemistry and quality
- Latest generation vertical rod welding manufacturing
- Quality checks at every stage of production
- SCADA controlled stabilizing line