Tata Steel's leadership in economic, social and environmental sustenance and the legacy of giving back to the society has been recognised worldwide and rewarded by renowned institutions.
Tata Steel is trusted by all its stakeholders, including communities and government regulatory bodies. A strong commitment to the cause of sustainable development, dedicated adherence to environment management systems and quality standards and a strong belief in inclusive growth have led the Company to earn a number of national and international awards and accolades.
Since 2012, Tata Steel is a part of the composite Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI Emerging Markets). DJSI comprises leaders in sustainability (the top 10% in terms of performance), selected on the basis of long-term economic, environmental and social criteria, from the largest 2500 companies in the world. In addition to this prestigious status, some of the other key CSR awards received by Tata Steel in recent years include –
- Tata Affirmative Action Programme (TAAP) Jury's Award, 2014
- CII-ITC Sustainability Award 2013
- Recognised among world's most ethical companies by Ethisphere Institute
- First prize at prestigious FICCI Water Awards 2013 for Noamundi Iron Mine
- Mining Innovation Award 2012 won by the Joda East Iron Mine
- Best Company Promoting Sports at the FICCI India Sports Awards
- Think Odisha Leadership Award 2013 for best promotion of inclusive
- Golden Peacock Award 2013 won by Tata Steel's Mines Division
- Asian Leadership Awards 2013 won by Tata Steel’s OMQ Division
- ASSOCHAM CSR Excellence Award 2012-13 for exemplary contribution to CSR