From offering corporate sponsorships to making sporting facilities available to people across different cross-sections of society, Tata Steel’s endeavours in the field of sports have been persistent and liberal.
Tata Steel is the only Indian company to invest in world-class facilities, create academies and maintain & manage international level arenas. These infrastructural facilities collectively have helped in creating an atmosphere conducive to sports promotion and also created champions who have made the Country proud.
Some of Tata Steel’s sports infrastructure facilities -
- The JRD Tata Sports Complex in Jamshedpur is an international stadium with an 8-lane polyurethane track and football field. The complex also houses facilities for handball, tennis, volleyball, hockey, basketball, boxing, table tennis, swimming and a modern gymnasium.
- The Keenan Stadium in Jamshedpur, that hosts international cricket matches and provides accommodation facilities for visiting sportspeople.
- A stadium at Keonjhar has been set up to provide training infrastructure for sports lovers in Northern Odisha. The stadium is equipped with an indoor games hall, spectator galleries and a 400m running track.
- The 10,000-seat capacity Sumant Moolgaonkar Stadium in Jamshedpur hosts many national and state athletic meets.
- Feeder Centres at out-locations and in Kalinganagar mainstream sporting talent from rural and urban areas.
- Plans are in place for opening Excellence Centres in selected sports at various schools across areas of operation.